The North Carolina Bar Foundation Annual Fund provides operational support to pro bono, civic education, professionalism and DEI programs that annually engage hundreds of attorney volunteers to serve thousands of North Carolinians in all 100 North Carolina counties. Your gift empowers the North Carolina Bar Foundation to fulfill its mission to unite the talent and generosity of our profession to be a power of greater good for the people of North Carolina.
Make a gift today in support of the North Carolina Bar Foundation’s statewide pro bono and public service programs.
- 4ALL Statewide Service Day serves more than 10,000 citizens in one day through seven call centers staffed by 500+ attorney volunteers statewide.
- Disaster Legal Services supports the NCBA Young Lawyers Division to coordinate pro bono services for victims of natural disasters.
- Lawyers for Literacy matches legal professionals with local schoolchildren to improve students’ reading skills and spark their interest in books, civics and history.
- NC Free Legal Answers provides free legal advice to income-eligible citizens through the web. Volunteer attorneys help people with their civil legal needs by responding to law-related questions and legal needs shared via the NC Free Legal Answers web portal.
- Entrepreneurs Assistance Program supports the efforts of volunteer business lawyers to assist low-wealth entrepreneurs with their basic business law legal needs.
- Patent Pro Bono Program matches low-wealth entrepreneurs with patent attorney volunteers to assist with USPTO patent filings.
- Wills for Heroes provides essential legal documents free of charge to NC first responders.